I support Asha for Education. It is a secular organization dedicated to change in India by focusing on basic education in the belief that education is a critical requisite for socio-economic change.
In keeping with this focus, their volunteers are involved with and support projects that are secular and have an education-related component to them. The objectives of this group are:
1. To provide education to underprivileged children in India.
2. To encourage the formation of various local groups across the world to reach out to larger sections of the population.
3. To support and cooperate with persons and groups already engaged in similar activities.
4. To raise the required human and other resources to achieve the group objectives.
5. To provide opportunities to individuals living outside India who wish to participate in Asha activities in India.
6. To address, whenever possible, other issues affecting human life such as health care, environment, socio-economic aspects and women's issues.